Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Great Is Your Faithfulness Oh God"

PLEASE BARE WITH ME. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE IN A RUSH! COME BACK LATER IF YOU ARE.

For those of you who are completely blur about my life, I came back from YLDP 2009, 2 days ago. That camp was AWESOME! It rocks your socks inside out! No regrets whatsoever for going. Met tons of people there. Really friendly! (And not in a scary way either). Gained some attention as well but that's not important. Highlight of the camp; GOD!

A thing I would like to share from my experience there, is don't go astray, get distracted, or carried away. A month+ ago, Jason came up to me and told me "Dion, you're leading a worship session for YLDP cause Trinity PJ has to send a team." At that point in time, I was like "Ok no problem. Just need to get enough practice"

Thus, the nervousness kicked in the day before. Butterflies in my stomach! Couldn't concentrate fully on sessions. It was like a string of questions kept piling up in my mind; "Is it gonna be a good worship session?", "Am I gonna screw up?", "What do I say in between songs?" It was even more intimidating since I was leading worship on the 4th day. Because for the first 3 days, the worship leaders were so much older than me. They were all so deep and meaningful. AHHH!!!

When the time came, God took over. We prayed before we started. Saying that the music wasn't as important as the main reason for worship; to praise God. After the music started, everything just blanked out. Nothing else mattered. I felt a connection between God and myself. Occasionally I would see people jumping and dancing around, worshiping their hearts out for God. Because of this, God took away the fear and nervousness, and I kept smiling the whole time I was singing. All turned out well

I also cannot forget the loving, caring friends I have (I'm gonna list them since I can remember), Ee Kenn, Joel, Angel, Jasmine, Edwin, and Matthew! They came right to the front to support us! Super supportive la you guys!! THANK YOU!! Of course I can't forget my team, without them = no worship! Mike, Mei-Yan, Zhi-Wei, Eugene, Sarah, Yuen Xin, and Ian (You're a part of TMC PJ now. Haha).

If you haven't been able to get my point, I'm trying to say that even in the most nerve-wrecking situations, your friends as well as God will pull through for you. Also remember, never get carried away or be too concerned about less important things that you stray from the main point which has been and always will be; GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment