Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I am weak but He is strong"


Something I reflect on often is how I've changed since I was younger, since before I experienced God. Being the youngest in my family, all of my siblings have already left home. My sisters were already adults when I was born. My brothers left while I was in primary school. Of course I've enjoyed every moment spent with them before they left even if I didn't back then. It's because of them, I am who I am today. Them leaving while I was still young, I've had to learn many things by myself and through other people. While all of my friends had siblings to help them with their homework, I never had anyone to refer to.

Throughout the years, it's safe to say that I've grown maturely in both worldly and spiritually ways. However, due to this, I tend to rely too much on my own strength to do nearly impossible things. I guess the sense of independence comes as second nature to me. It's only recently that I realised that I can't keep this up forever. I have to turn to Him. The title of this post is taken from one of the most famous christian songs EVERRRR....... JESUS LOVES ME =D

But yes it is true. No human can do everything by him/herself. We NEED and MUST rely on His strength!

1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Nehemiah 8:10
Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Psalm 28:8
The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 105:4
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually.


When in times of need, cry out to Him. Pray, and your prayers will be answered. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment